Thursday, January 15, 2009


The picture above is from ABC news.
This is such a phenomenal story, I just had to post some of the conversations that were going on. Air traffic controllers at LaGuardia saw the plane clear the George Washington Bridge by less than 900 feet before gliding into the water about 3:31 p.m., an aviation source told CNN. "It would appear that the pilot did a masterful job of landing the plane in the river, and then making sure everybody got out. " The most amazing part was, I saw no pushing, no shoving. I saw nothing but help and compassion." "When you would think there would be profound chaos, there was profound calm."

2 comments:

ms-teacher said...

I also heard that the men let women and children off first. The pilot and the people on the plane truly acted selflessly. True inspiration!

Phil said...

I fly a lot (flying tomorrow, in fact), and I've often wondered how folks would behave in an emergency exit situation. I wouldn't say I was optimistic.

This is heartening because it sets the bar for passenger behavior in such a case.

I wonder how many laptops with valuable data are sitting waterlogged in the Hudson tonight. I just made a thorough backup.